Frontend Software Developer (m/f), Berlin
Then this job is for you
As a frontend developer at Younicos, you will work on our Y.Q platform, which monitors, supervises and controls various electrical components like batteries, inverters , pv plants, wind farms, thermal generators, transformers, switchgears and auxiliary systems. The development of the Y.Q platform, which runs as 24/7 service on site, is based on a distributed, messaging-based architecture. Specialized subsystems ensure the optimal control of the electrical components and implement technical interfaces for transmission line operators, energy providers and remote monitoring.
As part of an agile team (Scrum) you will work on all aspects of the UI development. Strongly modularized system architecture, documentation of the design and functional specifications, high performance UI design, test driven development, fully automated integration testing and building the final product are your day-to-day tasks. Depending on your skills and interests you might work on the general user guidance, the automation and generation of building blocks of the UI, graphical representation of live and historian data, interface to the database or interface to the messaging system to give you some ideas.
All developments are performed in close collaboration with the Y.Q development team and our technical engineers to understand and visualize the technical requirements of the electrical equipment. With your team, you will develop the best technical solutions while having the freedom and the responsibility to bring your innovative ideas to life.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Design/maintain graphical user interfaces which allow the operators to control the systems over the web
- Write web based reports and extract pertinent information from the SQL/NoSQL database
- Develop new solutions for time series and event based data for monitoring and reporting
From the technical point of view a must is
- completed university studies in UI design, user interaction design, computer science, informatics or comparable studies
- years of professional experience in UI development ,ideally in an agile process environment
- Experience in user guidance and UI design.
- Experience in developing/architecting PHP/MySQL-based web applications (LAMP) ideally for industrial applications.
- Desire for writing and testing clean, efficient and reliable code
- Demonstrated experience with web user interface toolkits.
- Experience with PHP alternatives and backend programming like Java, Node.js, Scala is a plus
- Experience with TSDB like InfluxDB or Prometheus
- RDBMS experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar.
- Experience with MVC frameworks.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum.
- Familiarity with Version Control Systems (Git).
- Experience with testing and continuous integration platforms: Selenium, PHPUnit, Jenkins.
- Linux skills and experience with networking equipment is a plus
From personal point of view:
- A strong focus on teamwork and a commitment to always let the best idea win
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Basic understanding of the principles of electrical engineering is a plus
- Basic German is a plus
Please send your extensive CV, a cover letter as well as copies of degrees and work references via email to Anja Kubitz: email@example.com.
Younicos is the pioneer and market leader in game-changing energy and grid solutions based on battery storage. We provide utilities, independent power producers, microgrids and C&I customers with turnkey storage systems, supporting a wide range of business opportunities. Younicos employs 130 storage experts in Berlin, Germany and Austin, Texas, US. In July 2017 Younicos was acquired by Aggreko and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the global leader in mobile power, heating and cooling.
Please feel free to contact our HR persons in Europe and North America
Anja Kubitz (Europe)
+49 30 818 79 9010
Cindy Breer (North America)
+1 (512) 2689636