Python Expert, Software Engineer (m/f), Berlin
As a senior expert in python and professional software engineer at Younicos you will develop for our system integration test platform simulators for electrical equipment our Y.Q system has interfaces to and interacts with. As example you will develop simulators for wind farms, pv plants, generators, batteries, MV switch gear, sensors etc. The simulators shall provide the interface protocol and logical behavior of the real equipment. The physical and electrical behavior can be based on the toolchain developed by our engineering department. The simulators shall be configurable and adaptable for different equipment and scenarios and easily deployable to the test environment.
To reach the goals in terms of high product quality and customer satisfaction you work together with the system integration test engineers as part of an agile team (Scrum) and cooperate with our development, engineering and delivery teams. You will introduce new tools, if required, to perform and monitor tests that will help you and the team to raise the quality of the products. With your knowledge, approach and open feedback you will continually improve the quality policies within the development teams. With your team, you will develop the best technical solutions while having the freedom and the responsibility to bring your innovative ideas to life.
Your key responsibilities are
- Development of equipment and component simulators
- Configuration and adaptation of simulators for equipment variants
- Deployment Y.Q installations and simulators to system integration test environment
- Set up and configure test systems for automated regression testing and validate system configuration and performance (in collaboration with software testers)
- Define and carry out test scenarios
- Documentation of development, configurability and deployment of the simulators
- Documentation of test results
- May develop tools/scripts for commissioning automation
- Conduct training activities and handover to operations (delivery engineers)
- Analyze errors reproducible on test environment and forward to product development team.
- Define and potentially develop commissioning tools to improve speed of deployment and work with software development on improvements along the whole software delivery workflow
- Significant expertise in Python
- Experience with BDD/TDD (py.test, behave or robot), test automation and CI (Jenkins)
- Expertise in messaging (Protocol Buffers, MQTT) and industrial protocols (Modbus TCP, IEC60870-5-104), experience with a message broker (ActiveMQ) is considered a plus
- Some experience with Linux is essential
- DevOps experience is considered a plus (Docker, Ansible)
- Excellent analytic and conceptual skills
- A source of constant ideas for improvement
- A strong focus on teamwork and a commitment to always let the best idea win
- Knowledge of SW development tooling infrastructure and system administration
- Open to new technologies
- A will to continually improve your skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Language Level C in German and English, verbal and written
- The opportunity to build the technology facilitating higher renewable energy shares
- Motivated, passionate colleagues who love to get things done
- Open discussion culture and the opportunity to shape every aspect of your work
- Participation on trainings, meetings, conferences, etc.
- Bright, spacious and comfortable offices in the lovely city of Berlin
- Flexible working hours
- Permanent contract
Please send your extensive CV, a cover letter as well as copies of degrees and work references via email to Anja Kubitz: email@example.com.
Younicos is the pioneer and market leader in game-changing energy and grid solutions based on battery storage. We provide utilities, independent power producers, microgrids and C&I customers with turnkey storage systems, supporting a wide range of business opportunities. Younicos employs 130 storage experts in Berlin, Germany and Austin, Texas, US. In July 2017 Younicos was acquired by Aggreko and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the global leader in mobile power, heating and cooling.
Please feel free to contact our HR persons in Europe and North America
Anja Kubitz (Europe)
+49 30 818 79 9010
Cindy Breer (North America)
+1 (512) 2689636