Project Engineer (m/f), Berlin
We are looking for additional support for our Engineering team.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Requirements analysis and management for system components such as primary and secondary electrical installations, battery storage systems, and control software w.r.t. to external and internal requirements
- System design including component specification, electrical and civil planning requirements choosing state of the art solutions compliant with current norms and regulations (international, regional, local)
- Stay ahead of competitor’s design, propose and realize design optimization for cost reduction and/or improved performance, safety etc.
- Responsible to ensure periodic update of internal assessment of applicable norms and regulations; potentially work actively in standard committees
- Interface with sales organization as part of bid teams and technical expert in engineering consulting assignments
- Take on role as project lead engineer during implementation phase of projects as part of the project team
- Define and potentially develop commissioning tools to improve speed of deployment and work with software development on improvements along the whole software delivery workflow
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with Major in Power Systems Engineering
- >2 years of professional experience
- Experienced as project engineer in power systems projects
- Experienced in requirements engineering, designing, planning and commissioning of electrical power systems
- Experience in compiling relevant technical documents for commercial bids including public tenders
- Project engineering and qualification of components and suppliers
- Profound knowledge of large scale battery energy storage systems and related components (e.g. DC battery systems, inverter technology, transformers and switchgear, grid access, low voltage auxiliaries, HVAC design, enclosures)
- Fluent in English and German (oral and written)
What we offer
- The opportunity to send the fossils into retirement and to let them rest in peace
- Motivated international team
- Freedom in the organization of working activities and a high level of responsibility
To apply please send your application including a covering letter and a résumé as well as copies of degrees and work references via email to Anja Kubitz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Younicos is the pioneer and market leader in game-changing energy and grid solutions based on battery storage. We provide utilities, independent power producers, microgrids and C&I customers with turnkey storage systems, supporting a wide range of business opportunities. Younicos employs 130 storage experts in Berlin, Germany and Austin, Texas, US. In July 2017 Younicos was acquired by Aggreko and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the global leader in mobile power, heating and cooling.
Please feel free to contact our HR persons in Europe and North America
Anja Kubitz (Europe)
+49 30 818 79 9010
Cindy Breer (North America)
+1 (512) 2689636