Software Delivery Engineer (m/f), Berlin
Your main tasks are:
As a software delivery engineer at Younicos, you will configure, test and deploy our Y.Q platform, which monitors, supervises and controls various electrical components like batteries, inverters, pv plants, wind farms, thermal generators, transformers, switchgears and auxiliary systems. Our asset-agnostic Y.Q platform, which runs as 24/7 service on site, is based on a distributed, messaging-based architecture. Specialized subsystems ensure the optimal control of the electrical components and implement technical interfaces for transmission line operators, energy providers and remote monitoring.
As part of the Younicos delivery team you will work on all aspects of the software delivery reaching from firming up the mapped customer requirements to the fitting configuration of the Y.Q components, setting up a Factory-Acceptance-Test (FAT) system installation, project-specific testing, over deployment to the productive environment and execution of commissioning procedures and troubleshooting. Working closely with our software development, our IT and Customer Service Operations Center team, you will get enabled to get most customer value out of our platform and to consolidate and improve the configuration and deployment workflow and tooling. All configuration, testing and deployment efforts are performed in close collaboration with the Y.Q development team and our technical engineers with the goal to deliver successfully on projects. Within our team, you will develop the best technical solutions while having the freedom and the responsibility to bring your innovative ideas to life.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Map customer project requirements to the Y.Q control modes using appropriate configurations including required gateway modules
- Set up and configure test systems for test and validate system configuration and performance (in collaboration with software testers)
- Define and carry out customer FATs / SAT and UAT programs
- Deploy and commission Y.Q installations for customer projects, commission and troubleshoot as necessary:
- Configure software components
- Install and deploy production system
- Utilize tools to install systems for factory acceptance testing and site acceptance testing, which are primarily developed by the Y.Q development team
- Perform the end-to-end integration between the Younicos YQ solution and the customer system
- Conduct training activities and handover to operations
- Work on troubleshooting issues and customer issue/incident/consulting requests, escalating if necessary to product development team and product support functions.
- Define and potentially develop commissioning tools to improve speed of deployment and work with software development on improvements along the whole software delivery workflow
From the technical point of view, must-have skills include
- Good understanding of modern messaging based software systems and analytic skills and ability to understand complex relationships.
- Experience of software deployment in Linux environments, e.g. Ansible
- Experience in test automation tools and scripting language, e.g. Python
- Experience with version control systems, e.g. git
- Experience with issue tracing tools, e.g. Jira, and documentation and collaboration tools, e.g. confluence
- Use of remote access protocols (Remote Desktop, VNC, FTP, SFTP, SSH, etc.)
- Ability to interface with developers and engineers to meet specific customer
- requirements for projects
Nice to have:
- Basic understanding of the principles of electrical engineering is a plus
- Familiarity of energy storage systems is a plus
- Familiarity of agile process methodology
- Understanding of CI/CD systems (Jenkins). Configure and run test system to check for desired behavior.
From personal point of view:
- A strong focus on teamwork and a commitment to always let the best idea win
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
To apply please send your application including a covering letter and a résumé as well as copies of degrees and work references via email to Anja Kubitz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Younicos is the pioneer and market leader in game-changing energy and grid solutions based on battery storage. We provide utilities, independent power producers, microgrids and C&I customers with turnkey storage systems, supporting a wide range of business opportunities. Younicos employs 130 storage experts in Berlin, Germany and Austin, Texas, US. In July 2017 Younicos was acquired by Aggreko and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the global leader in mobile power, heating and cooling.
Please feel free to contact our HR persons in Europe and North America
Anja Kubitz (Europe)
+49 30 818 79 9010
Cindy Breer (North America)
+1 (512) 2689636