Software Developer Java (m/f), Berlin
Your main tasks are:
As a Java developer at Younicos, you will work on our Y.Q platform, which monitors, supervises and controls various electrical components like batteries, inverters, pv plants, wind farms, thermal generators, transformers, switchgears and auxiliary systems. The development of the Y.Q platform, which runs as 24/7 service on site, is based on OSGi technology and a distributed, messaging-based architecture. Specialized subsystems ensure the optimal control of the electrical components and implement technical interfaces for transmission line operators, energy providers and remote monitoring.
As part of an agile team (Scrum) you will work on all aspects of the software development. Strongly modularized system architecture, documentation of the system specifications, test driven Java implementation, fully automated integration testing and building the final product are your day-to-day tasks. Depending on your skills and interests you might work on the core architecture and design of the Y.Q platform, the interface abstraction for the integration of new components, the development of algorithms, the design and development of an API for external systems to give you some ideas.
All developments are performed in close collaboration with our technical engineers to understand and implement the technical requirements of the electrical equipment. With your team, you will develop the best technical solutions while having the freedom and the responsibility to bring your innovative ideas to life.
From the technical point of view a must is
- Significant expertise in Java
- Knowledge and experience of other higher programming languages
- Intuitive understanding of software architecture and design
- Desire for writing and testing clean, efficient and reliable code
- Experience with OSGi, Apache Karaf and Apache Camel or similar technologies
- Experience with ActiveMQ and Google Protocol Buffers or other messaging middleware
- Expert knowledge of MySQL and or time series database
- Experience in micro services
- Experience with BDD/TDD and test automation
From personal point of view:
- A strong focus on teamwork and a commitment to always let the best idea win
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Basic understanding of the principles of electrical engineering is a plus
- Basic German is a plus
What we offer
- The opportunity to send the fossils into retirement and to let them rest in peace
- Motivated international team
- Freedom in the organization of working activities and a high level of responsibility
Please send your extensive CV, a cover letter as well as copies of degrees and work references via email to Anja Kubitz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Younicos is the pioneer and market leader in game-changing energy and grid solutions based on battery storage. We provide utilities, independent power producers, microgrids and C&I customers with turnkey storage systems, supporting a wide range of business opportunities. Younicos employs 130 storage experts in Berlin, Germany and Austin, Texas, US. In July 2017 Younicos was acquired by Aggreko and is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the global leader in mobile power, heating and cooling.
Please feel free to contact our HR persons in Europe and North America
Anja Kubitz (Europe)
+49 30 818 79 9010
Cindy Breer (North America)
+1 (512) 2689636